Since Jan 2000 to Dec 2012 - Struther's Newsletter:
- beats NASDAQ 27.5 times
- beats S&P 500 by 21.4 times
- beats Toronto index by 14.2 times
- beats NASDAQ by 5.4 times
- beats S&P 500 by 4.2 times
- beats Toronto Index by 2.8 times
Struthers Newsletter includes gold stocks, mining stocks, oil&gas stocks as well as other commodity based stocks - 12 to 15 new stocks selected each year and about the same amount sold or taken out, maintaining a list of 60 resource stocks that are followed in the newsletter
INVESTMENT STRATEGY - to make gains of several 100%
- 1st: identify long and medium term trends - statistics show short term traders lose over 90% of the time. Whether Gold, Gold stocks, Oil, copper or stock indexes my newsletter identifies these trends. The trend is your friend is very true.
- 2nd: with stocks, Gold, oil&gas, mining whatever - go with proven experienced management. A company/stock is it's people. I know the right people because of my years of experience.
- 3rd: Look for value, if it's an oil property, gold or silver property seek those that are valued less than their peers with large upside potential to find more oil or gold.
- 4th: The company whether it is Uranium, Gold, Oil whatever - they must have the financial ability to raise money to develop their properties to add shareholder value.
- Important: Be patient, invest for the long term - it normally takes 2 to 5 years to build significant shareholder value. It can come quicker with a new oil, gold, metal discovery.
- Buy and sell: I use charts and technicals to pick good entry points, whether gold, silver oil, other metals or their related stocks. I usually suggest sell 1/3 to remove seed at roughly 200% gain, sell another 1/3 higher for more profits and hold the final 1/3 a long time. Of course not all stocks see these big gains and we may sell for smaller profits.
- Tech stocks - there is a few different things to look at - a companies marketing ability, the 'S' curve in the particular technology to name a couple