Zonte Video - February 19, 2024

Zonte Aug. 10, 2023 Video

New subscribers, setup your Login ( Menu-Login)

Subscriptions

Performance 2009 to 2023 (compound annual)

performance2009 2023Small

North American economy in retreat

More
7 years 5 months ago #117177 by RonS
RonS replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
Many economists believe the political uncertainty of Brexit and Donald Trump pose major risks to the global economy. Those risks stem from public mistrust for government leaders and their inability to distribute wealth more evenly and help people who believe they have been hurt by trade.

"I am seriously concerned on this," Germany's finance minister, Wolfgang Schauble, told CNN's Richard Quest at an International Monetary Fund meeting in Washington.

"You can look all over at the advanced economies -- the British referendum, the campaign in the United States ... more and more people don't trust their elites. They don't trust their economic leaders, and they don't trust their political leaders."
IMF managing director Christine Lagarde acknowledged that countries need to address the "backlash that we are seeing in many corners of the world -- against trade, against innovation."

"Too slow for too long benefiting too few," Lagarde told Quest, referring to global growth.

The sobering comments come about a month before the U.S. election, which has had an anti-trade flair all year. Donald Trump, the Republican nominee, has threatened to get rid of trade deals and slap tariffs on Mexico and China.

His rise was just as unexpected as the British vote in June. One reason for Brexit was a belief that trade had hurt more people than it benefited.

money.cnn.com/2016/10/06/news/economy/im...atest+%28CNNMoney%3A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #117176 by RonS
All of you were pretty well right on last month, seems there is a split in ranks but a similar theme.

Bonds are down because they know a big number is coming.

Bonds are down so a little number brings bonds back up.

I was originally siding towards a weak number, but when I think about the election B.S. the elite is very worried about Trump and they will stop at nothing, so a big number this month for rah rah Clinton, 230,000

More
7 years 5 months ago #117175 by DearJohn
DearJohn replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
I am with The great, he he, I think they come with a big number to boost the Obama Clinton Administration. Clinton is riding on his coattails

www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oc...-obama-approval-live

Just look how they got the media all against Trump, they can easily make up a big number, They won't do it next month just before elections looks to obvious.

So they do it this month and Clinton campaign can harp on on it all month.

Agree maybe why bonds are down, the elites know the BS game, so I say 255,000

More
7 years 5 months ago #117174 by Tom
Tom replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
Checking the noise here. I think they stay with expectations but a bit better 178,000

More
7 years 5 months ago #117173 by alexgreat
alexgreat replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
Maybe you guys gave it wrong. Bonds dropping because the banksters know it is going to be a big number to help Clinton get elected, the status quo, so I say 225,000. Remember it is all BS, read between the lines

More
7 years 5 months ago #117172 by lynnsa10
lynnsa10 replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
With elections coming I think they just go status quo like last month with just a slight weak number say 164,000

More
7 years 5 months ago #117171 by GoldnBoy
GoldnBoy replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
I am going for a miss to at 135,000. ISM rebounded some at 51.5 but mainstream harped about 57 for the service industry, a good thing we are all serving burgers and great snow cones LOL

The way bonds and gold was hammered they are either setting up for a bad number or there is a real financial problem

More
7 years 5 months ago #117168 by Gambler
Gambler replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
Ok, I am taking a gamble, I say big miss at 110,000

More
7 years 5 months ago #117157 by RonS
US Jobs report out Friday. The median forecast is 169,000.

You guys did a great job with reading the market last month, what are thoughts this month?

Personally I think a miss to the downside??

More
7 years 5 months ago #117139 by lynnsa10
lynnsa10 replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
Wells Fargo & Co's unprecedented move to strip Chief Executive John Stumpf of $41 million in stock awards has sent a chill through Wall Street with bankers fearful that a hardening political climate against corporate wrongdoing will encourage boards to be more aggressive about making them forfeit pay.

Not only are they manipulating stock trading and ETFs but their own business. Opening 2 million fake accounts, what a farce

More
7 years 6 months ago #117110 by Gambler
Gambler replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #117083 by Dennis
Dennis replied the topic: North American economy in retreat
It is pretty amazing the stock market holds up while the economy is in the tank and earnings keep dropping

Moderators: RonS
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
© 2019 Playstocks.net. All Rights Reserved. Designed By JoomShaper