Zonte Video - February 19, 2024

Zonte Aug. 10, 2023 Video

Performance 2009 to 2023 (compound annual)

performance2009 2023Small

New subscribers, setup your Login ( Menu-Login)

Subscriptions

Market Sentiment shifting

More
7 years 8 months ago #67779 by alexgreat
alexgreat replied the topic: Market Sentiment shifting
Check this out on Kitco - Craig Ferrantino converts from Gold Bear to Bull, his main reason is the low interest rates. All they do is talk about raising rates but in fact they are going down. He does not think the US job numbers or very good either.

His target for year end is $1800

www.kitco.com/news/video/show/Kitco-News...isor-Made-the-Switch
The following user(s) said Thank You: RonS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #67778 by GoldnBoy
GoldnBoy replied the topic: Market Sentiment shifting
It looks to me that a lot of the big or smart money is what has been moving into Gold, Some of this was in a recent TMTA Report Billionaires love gold, Bridgewater the world's largest hedge fund holds a full 10% in Gold, others were mentiond

Soros put a big bet on Gold this year, a little history on Soros here too
money.cnn.com/2016/05/17/investing/georg...nst-stocks-buy-gold/

Last I seen in SPDR Gold Trust paulson was the third largest investor in the fund, behind BlackRock and First Eagle Investment Management.

I think retail favors the leverage ETFs, as they try to make better gains, so we see bigger volume in the bear ETfs than the bull ones, says retail has mostly not joined this bull yet and in fact may still be trying to short,

The big money knows these leveraged ETFs do not work well in the longer term so avoid them. The big funds are usually looking at 3 months plus holding periods

More
7 years 8 months ago #61481 by Gambler
Gambler replied the topic: Market Sentiment shifting
Also interesting at Kingworld is this article about big inflows into GDXJ the junior miner etf and that might be a danger signal for a correction. $200 million coming in this week alone

kingworldnews.com/money-is-now-pouring-i...ilver-mining-stocks/

But I look at NUGT and volume has died off in August, but still strong volume in the short etf DUST

Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #61379 by Gambler
Good Interview with Rule, the big driver for Gold is the low interest rates he mentions. This article highlights that
The value of negative-yielding bonds swelled to $13.4 trillion this week, as negative interest rates and central bank bond buying ripple through the debt market.

The universe of sub-zero-yielding debt -- primarily government bonds in Europe and Japan but also a mounting number of highly-rated corporate bonds -- has grown from $13.1 trillion last week, according to figures compiled by Tradeweb for the Financial Times.

"Its surreal," said Gregory Peters, senior investment officer at Prudential Fixed Income. "It's clear that central banks are dominating markets. There's a race to the bottom. Central banks are the main drivers of this. It's not fundamental." ...

I think you need to subscribe at FT to see full article

www.ft.com/content/973b6060-60ce-11e6-ae3f-77baadeb1c93

More
7 years 8 months ago #61181 by DearJohn
DearJohn replied the topic: Market Sentiment shifting
Welcome Great one :) I found this interview with Rick Rule quite good. He suggests people should be prepared for 30% to 40% corrections but hold long term.

Some key points on mining shares that Ron has been mentioning now and then too!! The miners have cut costs through the downturn so are lean now and can get some strong cash flow and earnings

2 - many mines are in countries that have seen strong currency declines, even Canada

3 - low oil costs are like a tax reduction to the miners.

It all adds up to higher leverage to Gold than many past bull markets

kingworldnews.com/rick-rule-8-13-16/

More
7 years 8 months ago #60804 by alexgreat
Thanks, I was thinking that so I loaded up an image lol, Have been following numerous topics and some good info, hope I can contribute some

More
7 years 8 months ago #60737 by RonS
RonS replied the topic: Market Sentiment shifting
Welcome Alex, should be Alex the Great ??

More
7 years 8 months ago #59838 by alexgreat
Testing

More
7 years 8 months ago #47181 by GoldnBoy
GoldnBoy replied the topic: Market Sentiment shifting
WGC reports today that Gold investment demand out strips jewelry demand for last 2 quarters, first time in history

www.cnbc.com/2016/08/11/gold-bug-youre-n...sets-new-record.html

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #7567 by RonS
I agree with the break once over $1400, see the chart below and note the gap down from $1600 to $1400 so market could fill that quickly
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by RonS.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4328 by Gambler
See what you mean about that report, it is still there, looks like Lagarde is about to pull her hair out. I love that stuff from Ambrose Evans-Pritchard

I seen this today at Kitco

“Indeed, central banks are caught in a rate trap,” said Gerald Celente, founder of the popular newsletter Trends Journal.

“If they raise rates, already slowing economies will further recede while stock markets and housing sectors relying on cheap money will falter. Should central banks lower rates, they risk currency depreciation and money outflows,” he told Kitco News on Wednesday afternoon.

He predicts that when gold breaks strongly above $1,400 per ounce, it will spike toward $2,000.

www.kitco.com/news/2016-08-04/-Does-the-...-Gerald-Celente.html

More
7 years 8 months ago #718 by RonS
Wow!!!! what a slam on the euro and IMF by it's own watchdog bet this gets buried in a hurry

International Monetary Fund’s top staff misled their own board, made a series of calamitous misjudgments in Greece, became euphoric cheerleaders for the euro project, ignored warning signs of impending crisis, and collectively failed to grasp an elemental concept of currency theory.

It describes a “culture of complacency”, prone to “superficial and mechanistic” analysis, and traces a shocking break-down in the governance of the IMF

The three main bail-outs for Greece, Portugal, and Ireland were unprecedented in scale and character. The trio were each allowed to borrow over 2,000 percent of their allocated quota – more than three times the normal limit – and accounted for 80pc of all lending by the Fund between 2011 and 2014.

In an astonishing admission, the report said its own investigators were unable to obtain key records or penetrate the activities of secretive "ad-hoc task forces". Mrs Lagarde herself is not accused of obstruction.

“Many documents were prepared outside the regular established channels; written documentation on some sensitive matters could not be located. The IEO in some instances has not been able to determine who made certain decisions or what information was available, nor has it been able to assess the relative roles of management and staff," it said.

Wow this is such a damming report, read it now before it vanishes

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/28/...pologises-for-the-i/

Moderators: RonS
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
© 2019 Playstocks.net. All Rights Reserved. Designed By JoomShaper